Dried Sarracenia Arrangement !!!!

From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 22 1997 - 19:58:11 PST

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:58:11 -0500 (EST)
From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dried Sarracenia Arrangement !!!!

I just returned a few hours ago from a trip to the Dallas Texas area, where
my wife and I will be relocating in about a month or two. We were there for
the purpose of buying a house. We finally found "the one" in a little town
called Frisco, about 30 miles North of Dallas.

While we were touring the builder's model, I spotted an arrangement of dried
Sarracenias in the kitchen! Upon closer inspection, it turned out to contain
AT LEAST 30 dried pitchers!! I couldn't believe it!! And then, I found
another arrangement of about 20 pitchers in another room!!

I don't know what species they were (I'm new at CP, and don't have any Sarr.
yet), but they were each between 8" to 14" tall. The pitchers displayed
visible veigns vertically up the pitcher, branching into a pronounced complex
pattern at the tops. Each pitcher had a "hood", with the fine hairs easily
visible on the underside.

I asked the salesperson if he knew where they got them, but he said that they
had a 'professional' decorator handle the models. When he asked why, I
explained what the arrangements contained, and that the individual who made
them up may have actually broken the law if he/she gathered them from the
wild.

After we actually move in, I plan to watch for when they vacate that model,
and hope to be able to get the arrangements for display in my den. At least
there, they will be displayed with "respect" for what they are, instead of
eventually being thrown in the garbage because they don't fit some decor.