Re: Dried Sarracenia Arrangement !!!!

From: Gary (garko@sfsu.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 23 1997 - 18:38:58 PST

Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 18:38:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary <garko@sfsu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Dried Sarracenia Arrangement !!!!

I've also seen fresh cut S. flava pitchers (HUGE) in floral arrangements.
Ever since Robert Mapplethorpe's famous, and quite beautiful, photos there
seems to be interest in them for their decorative properties. I'm sure
they're from cultivated specimens--at least in SF. I doubt decorators
around here would bother to wade through a bog to snip a bouquet. Maybe
through their introduction into floral arrangements, the average person
will become more aware of their existence and beauty. BTW, there's one
florist in my neighborhood that sells the plants for $15.99 a pop!
Obviously, the suppliers are responding to the demand, although at an
over-inflated price.

Gary