Re: Repotting CP's

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 18:21:17 PST

Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:21:17 -0700
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Repotting CP's

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 "Kelley, Ian" <IKelley@littler.com> writes:
>In the Home Depot today I saw a sack of horticultural charcoal sold
>for just this purpose. Has anyone used this? I like the idea that the
>filtering action of the charcoal will help to keep the medium "fresh",
>but am worried about effects on ph or unforseen considerations.....

For what it is worth, I routinely use horticultural charcoal in my
Nepenthes potting mix. It does not readily break down and I beleive it
is neutral in pH though I have never tested it. I think it could work
well for this application.

Rich Ellis, Boulder, CO "ricell@juno.com"
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8564/