VFT reproduction

From: Karin Manning (imtheman100@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 14:31:08 PDT

Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 14:31:08 PDT
From: "Karin Manning" <imtheman100@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT reproduction

I have a VFT that has been happilly growing for just under a year now. I
have recently noticed that instead of all the leaves growing from one
spot in the middle of the pot, there seem to be two different spots from
which the leaves are growing. I read somewhere that sometimes the bulb
separates into different parts that can each become there own plant. I
want to know if that could be what has happened and if I should separate
the two plants. They seem to be crowded even though I recently
transplanted them. I often have to pull the leaves out of another
leaf's trap. Thanks in advance.
                                            Karin