Re: Water systems

From: James Aldridge (jaldr@onramp.net)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 12:00:48 PDT

Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 19:00:48 GMT
From: jaldr@onramp.net (James Aldridge)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Water systems

>I honestly don't know if
>small systems for the home are available.=20

Thanks for the clear explanations, Peter. Small systems are available. I =
am a
chemistry teacher, and for many years we used a small system in the =
teaching
lab. Barnstead makes several models. One of them is simply an inline
"nipple-type" cartridge which will remove about 1700 grains of dissolved =
salts
(about 40 gallons of my well water). Refer to any scientific supply =
catalog for
further information. Additional additives in the cartridges can remove a =
variety
of dissolved organic materials as well as salts.

Jim

James Aldridge - Fort Worth, Texas, USA
jaldr@onramp.net or jaldr@fwcds.pvt.tenet.edu
http://rampages.onramp.net/~jaldr