Re: Sarracenia x 'Ladies in Waiting'

From: Ron Lane (RL7329@sprynet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 1998 - 14:49:38 PST

Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 17:49:38 -0500
From: Ron Lane <RL7329@sprynet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia x 'Ladies in Waiting'

At 07:34 AM 1/3/98 -0800, you wrote:
> The December 15th (1997) issue of American Nurseryman introduces (on page
77)
>a new cultivar of pitcher plant. It's a multispecies hybrid developed by Rob
>Gardner and Larry Mellichamp and is propagated by tissue culture. The source
>is given as Niche Gardens in Chapel Hill. My questions are: Is there any more
>information about this plant? Is there a mail order source? Is there a master
>list of Sarracenia cultivars somewhere? I've seen lists of Sarracenia color
>forms which are very helpful. Thanks for your help.
>
>David Lane
>Dover, NH

<<The source is given as Niche Gardens in Chapel Hill>> Niche Gardens is a
native plants (not exclusively) nursery. I have not received their latest
catalog to see if this cultivar is included for sale. They normally carry
un-named Sarracenia hybrids in their catalog so they may have added this
clone. They are known for selling incredibly high quality plants.

Their phone number: 919-967-0078

Ron Lane
RL7329@sprynet.com
Central NJ, USA