Re: Sarracenia x 'Ladies in Waiting'

From: Justin Arthur (justia@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 1998 - 15:28:42 PST

Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 15:28:42 PST
From: "Justin Arthur" <justia@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia x 'Ladies in Waiting'

> The December 15th (1997) issue of American Nurseryman introduces (on
page 77)
>a new cultivar of pitcher plant. It's a multispecies hybrid developed
by Rob
>Gardner and Larry Mellichamp and is propagated by tissue culture. The
source
>is given as Niche Gardens in Chapel Hill. My questions are: Is there
any more
>information about this plant? Is there a mail order source? Is there a
master
>list of Sarracenia cultivars somewhere? I've seen lists of Sarracenia
color
>forms which are very helpful. Thanks for your help.
>
>David Lane
>Dover, NH

The source of this in formation, Niche Gardens in chapel hill, is the
seller of the new cultivar of pitcher plant(Ladies in Waiting). They are
a mail order organization and you can reach them through the following
ways:
Phone= (919)-967-0078
Fax= (919)-967-4026
WWW= <http://www.nichegdn.com>

The plant is a bit expensive ($20.00) but I have seen it in cultivation
at Niche Gardens and think that it is well worth the price.

Justin T. Arthur <justia@hotmail.com>

308 Summerfield Crossing Road Chapel Hill, NC 27514 United States Of
America