Sarracenia x 'Ladies in Waiting'

From: Davil Dane (DavilDane@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 1998 - 07:18:57 PST

Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 10:18:57 EST
From: Davil Dane <DavilDane@aol.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia x 'Ladies in Waiting'

        The December 15th (1997) issue of American Nurseryman introduces (on page 77)
a new cultivar of pitcher plant. It's a multispecies hybrid developed by Rob
Gardner and Larry Mellichamp and is propagated by tissue culture. The source
is given as Niche Gardens in Chapel Hill. My questions are: Is there any more
information about this plant? Is there a mail order source? Is there a master
list of Sarracenia cultivars somewhere? I've seen lists of Sarracenia color
forms which are very helpful. Thanks for your help.

David Lane
Dover, NH