Re: S. purpurea purpurea stolonifera

From: Wim Leys (Wim.Leys@vlm.be)
Date: Thu Nov 27 1997 - 02:19:56 PST

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 11:19:56 +0100
From: Wim Leys <Wim.Leys@vlm.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: S. purpurea purpurea stolonifera

> This sounds in fact very interesting - do you have photographs of
> your plant?

I'm affright not.

I could do so next spring, it will look better then, ... that is if the
plant survives. It has produced two extra flowers during autumn. The
flower stalks are infested with a fungus (Botrytis I think). I have cut
the infested part back a few times, but the stalks are not that long and

the fungus keeps spreading toward the rhizome. I will spray some
fungicide on it this weekend.

I have harvested the few seeds it has produced, they seem viable, so I
will be able to grow it again, but I would prefer to keep this plant
alive. It flowered last year too, but none of the seeds were viable
then.

Kind regards
Wim