New member

From: Tim Williams (Tim@jint.jasco.co.jp)
Date: Mon Jun 30 1997 - 13:56:16 PDT

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:56:16 -0700
From: Tim Williams <Tim@jint.jasco.co.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New member

Hi everybody,

I just joined the group, so I'd like to introduce myself. I also have a
question about water if anyone could spare the time replying to it.

I am English, but I live in Japan (the Western edge of Tokyo). I have
grown CP's intermittently during the last 15 years in various countries,
but now I am more "settled" and I am growing nepenthes, sarracenia,
VFT's and some drosera. Some of the neps grow happily outside during the
Tokyo summer.

Most of my plants came by the post from overseas suppliers (Andreas
Wistuba and Dean Cook, both of whom I strongly recommend for their
service, quality and prices). Most of my information comes from the WWW!

***

I am interested to know whether 20ppm Ca, 13ppm S, 5ppm Na and 5ppm Si
in the local tap-water constitutes a problem for the sarracenia, VFT and
drosera. The neps have been very happy and healthy with this water for
several years, as is sphagnum moss, all growing strongly. I really want
to use this water if at all possible due to the quantity required
growing the sarracenias etc. outside.

Best regards,

Tim Williams.