Re: CPs and vivariums

From: MCliff428@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 17:56:31 PST

Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:56:31 EST
From: MCliff428@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CPs and vivariums

I myself would not but CP's in a vivarium for a few reasons. The only ones
that would be healthy in a vivarium would be tropical CP's. Nepenthes should
not be included because their traps are to large and have been known to
digest frogs on occasion. Other quick moving plants have been known to mame
frogs, and other, such as sundews, may digest much of the food that you feed
your frog. There is really no way to monitor what you frog eats and what you
plants eat. I would stick with plants native to South America, i.e.,
bromeliads, peperomia, philodendron and various ferns. Bromeliads are not as
important with frogs like D. auratus but are a necessity for frogs like D.
tinctorius, so make your choices according to the frog you chose. What
species of frog do you plan on getting? Michael