Re: CPs and vivariums

From: Michael Hunt (stovehouse@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 19:21:42 PST

Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:21:42 -0500
From: "Michael Hunt" <stovehouse@earthlink.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CPs and vivariums

I tend to agree with most of Michael's email. Not a good environment for
Dionaea. But it sounds great for D. prolifera, D. adelae, any tropical
Utric's, and some tropical Pinguicula. Also here are a few good Nepenthes,
N. gracilis, N. belli, and N. hirsuta would be excellent. I wouldn't worry
about the frogs being trapped by these plants. They can get in and out, and
will use them for shelter just like the Bromeliads. They stay small, and
easily can be trimmed back, and are fairly decent in price.
Take care,
~ Mike
St. Petersburg Florida
USA