CPs and vivariums

From: Connie Steiert (steiert@vail.net)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 06:24:43 PST

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 07:24:43 -0700
From: "Connie Steiert" <steiert@vail.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CPs and vivariums

I'm thinking of making a poison dart frog vivarium and was wondering what
CPs I could put in it that would live off of pinhead crickets or flightless
fruit flies, and also wouldn't be able to hold and kill a 1 cm frog. I was
thinking perhaps venus fly traps, butterworts, and pygmy sundews. However,
the plants also must tolerate ~80% humidity. Are there any specific species
that might look good, fit the bill, and not outgrow a ten gallon? Also, soil
should be peat and sand, with an upper layer of collected moss and charcoal.
Water would be distilled (obviously), and might be run through a small
"stream."

I would appreciate all help.

Thanks,
Dak