Homebase (UK)

From: Edwin Spector (ems@lucent.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 01:28:39 PST

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:28:39 +0000
From: Edwin Spector <ems@lucent.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Homebase (UK)

Thanks to the person who pointed out the Nepenthes on sale in
Homebase stores! I'm now the owner of my first Nep. For GBP2.49, I
picked a neat little plant, with about five leaves, each with a
pitcher.

I've only had 'wet' CPs until now, (Sarracenia & Drosera) so I've
got to learn not to drown the little chap.

BTW - Homebase also have some VFTs for sale. In the Chippenham
store, they were all marked down to GBP2, as they looked unwell. A
closer inspection revealed aphids. I bought one and submerged it in
water overnight. Let's see if new growth is healthier...

Edwin Bath, UK.