New puppet?

From: Amy E. Ritchie (carnivorous_plant@juno.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 18:42:23 PST

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:42:23 -0500
From: "Amy E. Ritchie" <carnivorous_plant@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New puppet?

Hi all,

I am thinking about making a larger VFT puppet.
It will be worked by both hands. I don't have a picture of it, but I
suppose you can visualize it. Each hand goes up into each side of the
puppet, so you move your two hands to move the puppet. Get what I mean?
What I am asking is, if I made a puppet like this, would people buy it?
And what would be the price people would pay for it?
When thinking of the price, think of this: I sell my finger VFT puppets
for $4, and to make one finger puppet it takes one third of a sheet of
felt. To make a giant puppet like this, I am estimating it will take 2
whole sheets of felt.
Would $8-10 be too much to sell a puppet like this for? I want to make it
cheap enough for people to afford, but charge enough for me to make a
reasonable profit.
Please email me with your thoughts on this. I am trying to think of new
puppets to make. Yesterday I made a test S. purpurea puppet, but it just
looked too plain. Please let me know what you think about my new puppet
idea, or if you have any ideas for new finger puppets/hand puppets.

Thankyou,

Amy