Re: Pest Strip Availability?

From: Todd Wuest (groovy19@mail.tds.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 06:56:04 PST

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 08:56:04 -0600
From: Todd Wuest <groovy19@mail.tds.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pest Strip Availability?

you might wanna check on the active ingredient used in the pest strips
you're thinking about getting, the only ones i've seen contain the
active ingredient 2.2 dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate, that's nasty
stuff, it's classified as a type I pesticide (those are the really nasty
ones) because of it's links to cancer and nasty side effects, you can
read more about it here,
http://ace.ace.orst.edu/info/extoxnet/pips/ghindex.html, it's listed
under the name dichlorvos, but if you still want the stuff after reading
that you can get pest strips containing it from Wal-Mart under the name
REVENGE bug strip take it easy todd wuest

Anyone know where I can find some "pest strip"? This is the stuff
Curtis Yax used to write about in his CPN articles. Apparently it
slowly released insecticide into the air and was ideal for pest
prevention in terraria.

TIA

Matt