Introduction

From: Diana Pederson (plantaholic@surfree.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 1999 - 16:41:16 PDT

Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 19:41:16 -0400
From: Diana Pederson <plantaholic@surfree.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Introduction

Hi:

I am a garden writer for SUITE101.com (one of over 50). I've been doing
book reviews for the last 2 years thanks to my managing editor getting
me started with Timber Press. Have just recently received a copy of The
Savage Garden from Ten Speed Press to review. This book is WHY I am on
this email list.

Question: Is this the wrong time of the year to get some cp plants to
start experimenting with? I've killed all I've tried in the past but
understand why thanks to this new book. Am planning on trying the
fishtank greenhouse method to see if I can finally succeed. Will also
get some purified water. I'm sure our water, with a ph out of the
faucet of 9.5 or more, is the PRIMARY reason my plants always died.

Who would be the best and least expensive supplier to get some starters
from? I am thinking of concentrating on venus fly traps for now. --
Diana Pederson, Lansing, Michigan, United States, USDA Zone 5 Editor:
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/enabling_garden