Water for Utricularia reniformis and other CPs

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 10:08:46 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:08:46 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Water for Utricularia reniformis and other CPs

Hello there!

I wonder if Utric. reniformis can grow with tap (limy) water rich in salts.
I ask this because I built a pond where I placed water lilies, and other
normal aquatic plants, but all these plants grow in loam, and they need
many nutrients. So, the water of the pond is very rich in minerals. I
wanted to plant CPs in the margins (in peat moss, of course), but I don't
know how will they behave. I made the experience with Utricularia vulgaris,
and it's spectacular, it's growing like a weed, even with this water. But
who knows what will happen with the Sarrs? I have already planted one Sarr.
purpurea and one psittacina and they are growing normally (but I planted
them onle a week ago).

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks,
Miguel