Re: Drosera adelae

From: Steve Clancy (sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 13:52:44 PDT

Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 13:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve Clancy <sclancy@sun1.lib.uci.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera adelae

Steve,

I have been growing this plant for about three years, and mine also will
start to die back if it gets too overgrown with too many dead leaves
choking out the smaller plants and new growth. I have found that cutting
back all of the dead growth (being careful not to cut off anything
actively growing) helps a lot. I usually get new growth after a couple of
weeks. I also have divided it at least once when it was becoming too
packed into the pot.

--steve

    Steve Clancy MLS, Science Library, Univ. of California, Irvine
          P.O. Box 19556, Irvine, CA 92623-9556 U.S.A.
   949-824-7309 * http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~sclancy * sclancy@uci.edu
      "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
                                                -- Frank Zappa