re: D.falconeri germination

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 14:37:49 PDT

Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 23:37:49 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: D.falconeri germination

Germination did not occur initially (in my air
> conditioned setup) so I moved the seed to my parents windowsill where
> temperatures probably exceed 100F. 2 out of the 5 seed germinated under
> these conditions. The other species I planted also had a pretty decent
> germination rate. The key to growing this group of Drosera is in
> maintaining high temperatures and high humidity. Hope this helps!
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. Do you remember how long it took for them to
germinate. I planted my falconeri seed in the end of april, and there's
no sign of any growth yet.

I planted two of its relatives around the same time (D. ordensis
"Kununurra" and D. lanata "Type form") and have had more success with
them. I got high and fast germination of the D. ordensis (must have
received really fresh seed), but the D. lanata was both slower in
germination and growth.

Anyway, I'll move the falconeri pot to a sunny windowsill, to see what
will happen. One final question; Did you keep the pot in full sun, or
did you shade it in any way?

Thanks,

--
Christer Berglund