Darlingtonia

From: Steve Alton (S.Alton@rbgkew.org.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 03:44:46 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:44:46 +0100
From: "Steve Alton" <S.Alton@rbgkew.org.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia

Dear All,

The one plant I have systematically failed to grow over the years is
Darlingtonia. It is now 10 years or so since I dispatched my last
victim, so I have the urge to try again. (Who knows, I may be a
better grower now??).

Does anyone, preferably in the UK, have a small plant they would
be prepared to offer up as a victim, sale or trade? And any growing
hints? I have a wild scheme to find a polystyrene container which
will fit the pot snugly and prevent the roots from overheating - see,
I'm getting desperate!

Cheers,

Steve Alton
UK Co-ordinator - Millennium Seed Bank