How hot is too hot for CPs???

From: Amy Ritchie (amyritchie@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 1999 - 10:11:42 PDT

Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 10:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Amy Ritchie <amyritchie@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: How hot is too hot for CPs???

Hi all,
I really need help with this question. I read in a
book that CPs should be kept at a temperature of 65-76
degrees farenheit. I keep all my CPs out in my
sunporch, and it gets to atleast 85 degrees out there.
Is this way too hot? I don't have another really good
place to put them. Is there anything I can do to help
them if it is too hot? Actually, all the plants seem
fine except for one - my D. intermedia. It is almost
dead, and I'm really sad about that, because I only
had one of it. First it began to wilt, and now the
whole thing is turning black. Could this be from the
heat?? Help!

Amy

P.S. There is some new stuff on my site, including new
pages for sarracenia, nepenthes, cephalotus,
heliamphora, and drosophyllum

P.P.S. I'm really really looking for plants or seeds
of cephalotus, heliamphora, and drosophyllum!!

===