RE: Slow growing Nepenthes

From: Chris Teichreb (cjteichr@sfu.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 12:50:50 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:50:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Teichreb <cjteichr@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Slow growing Nepenthes

Hi Christer,

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to jump in, but I got a question regarding the mentioned hormones.
> Will the hormones in an affected plant disappear in time or will it
> always be present in some way?

        The cytokinens and auxins are present in all plants in some form
and concentration. They're usually in much much lower concentrations
naturally but still do the same things that they do in tissue culture
(promote shoot/root formation, induction of flowering, etc.). So, the
hormone levels will drop, but never disappear.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Christer Berglund
> E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se