RE: Chipmunk problems

From: Brewer Charles E PHDN (brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 12:40:18 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:40:18 -0400
From: Brewer Charles E PHDN <brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Chipmunk problems

Rat poison works great on chipmunks. Then again if you are a animal lover,
go to your local hardware store and purchase a small rodent (Havaheart)
trap. These traps catch animals alive so they can be transported to another
area many many miles away from where you live. Cats do not like walking on
anything sticky. Some nurseries sell tangle foot which is a thick gooey
substance that is used to repel birds from standing on overhangs and if
smeared around tree trunks, it keeps crawling insects from climbing up to
the branches and eating leaves. If you can get some of this stuff, smear is
around areas where your cat visits the most. This should discourage her/him
from returning. Tangle foot won't wash off from rain and will usually last
one year when used outside. Just be careful, it's very message but works
very well. Hope this helps.
 Charles