Chipmunk problems

From: Mark Pogany (markp@en.com)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 05:31:12 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:31:12 -0400
From: "Mark Pogany" <markp@en.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Chipmunk problems

Lately I have been having a run of problems with some Sarracenia pots grown
outside my coldframe. There seems to have been an invasion of the common
ground squirrel ( chipmunks) that rip holes around the base of the medium,
exposing roots and so forth.

I have tried deer netting. It works but is rather unsightly for these
plants- taller color forms of S. flava and f2 hybrids. They add alot of
interest to my front pachysandra beds and netting overhead defeats the
purpose.

Is there a safe repellent on the market ( or household items) that would do
the job of keeping these little #$@@**d's away?

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio