RE: S. Minor?

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 06:45:10 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:45:10 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: S. Minor?

> I don't know what the juvinile pitchers of S.minor
> look like, and they looked a lot like the juviniles
> pitchers of Flava or Alata, but I don't know if
> their range extends to there.

The juvenile pitchers of S. minor look like small versions of the adult
pitchers. The distinctive S. minor hood is in full evidence and it would be
hard to mistake for another Sarracenia. FWIW, I'm pretty sure S. flava's
range extends into NW Florida; I don't know about S. alata. You could look
it up in Schnell's book if no one posts it.

HTH
Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.tvfa.org/turnoff.html