Humidity and air pumps

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 10:52:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:52:31 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Humidity and air pumps

Dear Chad and All,
Thanks for the feedback on increasing humidity.

>I think an air stone is a good idea. Almost tried it, but my air pumps were
too loud and I couldn't find a hose that was a good length! Maybe some
day...

Chad

If you go to any aquarium store then they should be able to supply (fairly
cheaply) the airline for your airstone.If the pump is making a noise (some of
my old pumps sound like a WWII bomber warming up!!!!) then its possible that
the airstone needs changing (these should be changed roughly every 4 months
as they become blocked and can contribute to pump noise).
If the pump is still noisey then ask at the aquarium store for a replacement
valve kit (or ask the store if they can do it for you) which,again should
help to alleviate a lot of the noise.

All the best,
John Wilden
Southport,