Re: A few of my Drosera growing secrets...

From: Hayes7@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 15:13:58 PDT

Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:13:58 EDT
From: Hayes7@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: A few of my Drosera growing secrets...

Matt,

> 5. Place pots in dim light - seed does not need light to germinate.

Watch the absolute statements..... "does not need light" is incorrect in my
opinion. I find many species actually germinate better if given light. It
makes sense if you think about it.... It isn't like the seed never gets
light while germinating in nature. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Many
people suggest planting the seed on the surface of the media to make sure it
can get light. Many do well either way, but I just hate to think of new
people starting their seeds in a closet, just because they thing they
"shouldn't have light when germinating" You know how the pass it down the
line game goes :)

Take care & keep on growing,

DANGEROUS PLANTS
www.tcscs.com/~thayes