Re: A few of my Drosera growing secrets...

From: Dave Evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 27 1999 - 20:56:00 PDT

Date:    Tue, 27 Apr 99 23:56 EDT
From: Dave Evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: A few of my Drosera growing secrets...

Dear Matt,

> 1.NEVER use containers previously used for other plants, keep seed
> pots separate from all other plants - pretend youre keeping them
> sterile. Nasty things hide in your pots, regardless of how well you
> wash them.

   Yes Matt, this is true. However, you can re-use pots. After
washing them soak them in a 10% solution of bleach for a minute
or two. Add a drop of soap to the solution for better contact.
You can use a bucket and soak a bunch, one stack at a time.
   I think the thin 2, 4 and 6 inch pots stay in good shape for
two years. After that, they start getting brittle (whether
bleached or not) and need to be replaced.

Dave Evans

   BTW, those plants are ready for you, Matt. Drop me a line... :)