RE: Genlisea seed & hand pollination

From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 15:08:36 PST

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:08:36 PST
From: "Fernando Rivadavia Lopes" <fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Genlisea seed & hand pollination

Jon and Barry,

       As far as I know, there is no problem in letting al the capsules
develop on your G.hispidula. Good luck. If I remember well, this species
will self pollinate easily. BUT.... G.violacea and others of
sect.Tayloria (G.uncinata, G.lobata) have to be HAND POLLINATED. What I
used to do is roll a piece of string into a stiff little "rope". This I
would stick in and out of each open flower with a tweezer. I call it the
"Artificial Flower Fornication Method"! :):)

Good luck!

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil