Peat/Sand

From: Kitt (kitt@kaboodle.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 04:10:38 PST

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:10:38 -0500
From: "Kitt" <kitt@kaboodle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Peat/Sand

I excavated a small site for a bog area last fall, but didn't get finished
before cold weather hit, so I overwintered some Sarracenia and Dionaea
in large rubbermaid containers which were placed in the excavation and
surrounded by mulch.

I tried to figure out the best sand to use in the recommended
50/peat 50/sand mix, and experimented in the different containers.
Filter sand and Play sand from Walmart and a Home Depot product were used.
I've still no clue which one is the "sharp" sand all the faqs refer to.

It's now time to fill in the 4' x 9' bog area and I'd like to be certain I
use the
correct sand. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thank you kindly.

         @. .@ kitt@kaboodle.com
          (\- -/) Scenic Calhoun Georgia.....
        (.>__<.) .....it's not near anything
        ^^^ ^^^
He who can laugh at himself has an endless source of amusement