Re: Nepenthes species

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 17:08:13 PST

Date:          Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:08:13
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: Nepenthes species

Dear Rich & al.,

> Since I happened to have Jebb & Cheek next to the computer I thought
> these might help.(...)
> adnata, 100-1000m

Obviously, Jebb & Cheek have mistaken the statement "about 100 m from
(...) towards (...)" (in the Bahasa Indonesian text by Tamin &
Hotta) for an altitude. To the best of my knowledge, _N. adnata_ has
so far never been observed below 700 m alt in the wild. The label on
the holotype specimen states "ca. 1000 m", which is probably the
source of the upper limit given by Jebb & Cheek. I would not call _N.
adnata_ a lowland species.

Kind regards
Jan