Re: can ozone affect seed germination?

From: Christensen (chrst@srv.net)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 18:27:52 PST

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:27:52 -0700
From: "Christensen" <chrst@srv.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: can ozone affect seed germination?

I can see something in my U. menziesii pot.
It looks like a tiny white egg about 1mm thick.
Sand, maybe? No, the sand grains look different-
they are finer/smaller compared to this 'egg'.
What will it do if it is growing?
Often, plants grow roots, leaves, and stems.
However, Utrics don't appear to
have those- they grow 'stolons'.
So, if this tiny 'egg' is a growing
Utric, then what should I expect to see?

The conditions in my terrarium
were changed last week.
I removed the fan and lowered the temps so
the humidity is higher, and icreased the light
intensity by using tinfoil.

Should I stop misting that pot? Misting stirs
around the thin layer of fine peat on the soil
surface. Maybe, stirring around the peat
disturbs the Utric 'egg' so it doesn't start
growing stolons? I have an active imagination.

Chad.