Payment for subs

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 17:14:22 PST

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:14:22 EST
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Payment for subs

Dear All,

>I've never used it, but couldn't international money orders be used. In the
US, international money orders are available at the US post office. I
assume they are also available through banks.

I've tried to use it once in the UK (thru the Royal Bank of Scotland BTW, what
wonderful service we have in our banks over here , I can't wait for the Euro
to be standardised as common currency in Europe! )and was told that it "wasn't
worth the time and trouble for such a small amount" . I've always tried to use
cash in these circumstances.

However would the society be able to take American Express Travellers
cheques(Dollars) made out to the society? These can be obtained from any
travel agents etc (in the UK). I believe that these (or their equivalent in $)
can be obtained worldwide rather than the 'ubiquitous' Int. Mon. order.
Please advise.

John 'awaiting the white flowered Ping grandiflora' Wilden
Southport
Lancs.
UK