Re: ICPS renewal

From: Oliver Gluch (Oliver.Gluch@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 12:29:21 PST

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:29:21 +0100
From: Oliver.Gluch@t-online.de (Oliver Gluch)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: ICPS renewal

>>Although the ICPS is International it is quite difficult to renew
>>membership from a non-US country. In the UK the only way I'm aware of is
>>to go to the bank to get some dollars and to send cash which is not
>> ideal.
>>
>I've never used it, but couldn't international money orders be used. In the
>US, international money orders are available at the US post office. I
>assume they are also available through banks.
>
>David

Hi David,

generally your idea is suitable, but the costs for an international
money order for example here at a local German post office is much
higher than the membership fee itself. I agree with Richard that the
acceptance of payment by credit card will be very helpful and less
expensive for non-US members. And there are a lot of non-US members I
think.

Oliver

Oliver Gluch
Lindenallee 44