Re: Spanish and more on my VFTs

From: nigel hurneyman (h7n@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 02:52:20 PST

Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 02:52:20 PST
From: "nigel hurneyman" <h7n@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Spanish and more on my VFTs

Thanks Karen. I think I missed out a Portuguese connection somewhere.
For example, a lot of Brazilian footballers have names ending in nha eg
Mirandinha, usually pronounced by commentators as Mirandinya. Would any
Brazilians like to comment - should the fish be pronounced piranya? (I
saw the old Bond movie 'You only live twice' over the holiday, and I'm
sure Ernst Stavro Blofeld pronounced it pirana).

Regarding the discussions of D capensis with split leaves, my Boston
fern (Nephrolepis cv) split several of its fronds immediately after
Chernobyl - but never before or since. Charles, do you live near a
dodgy nuclear installation?

(Our hi-tec office automation system has fallen victim from the year
1999 bug, hence the use of my reserve mailbox).

Good Growing, NigelH