Nepenthes propagation

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Sat Nov 21 1998 - 14:20:44 PST

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:20:44 -0000
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes propagation

Hello Perry and all,

> Why did you have to cut it off? I ask because: If you cut it because
> it is

I cut it because it got burnt in a lamp. It was starting to dry, so, I cut
it and put in water.
But, as there's no stem included, I just can forget the idea, right?

> had some stem in the cutting material. So I don't know if you can
> propagate

Ahhh, what about propagating the plant by stem cuttings? How is it done? My
plant is growing so fast, that sooner or later I'll have to cut it. And
then, what do I do with the stem, for it to grow?

Thanks,
Miguel