Re: Some Nepenthes Questions....

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Sat Oct 24 1998 - 03:42:41 PDT

Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:42:41 -0600
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Some Nepenthes Questions....

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 David Falk <dave@sparrowarts.com> writes:
> Also, does anyone know the
>identity of the hybrid that is usually sold at Home Depot?

At our recent CP gathering in Denver, several people brought their "Home
Depot hybrids" and it was instantly obvious that they are not all the
same. One plant looked very similar to N. maxima, another had rather
squat pitchers with a narrow peristome and dark red splotches, while a
third one had had tall pitchers with a narrow peristome that were reddish
tinged on the upper half and green on the lower half.

>I was also curious to know which variety of Nepenthes has the longest,
>fastest growing, most invasive vines? The pitchers don't have to be
>impressive, as long as there is good vine growth.

I think N. gracilis fits this description well.

Rich Ellis, Boulder, CO "ricell@juno.com"
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8564/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]