Some Nepenthes Questions....

From: David Falk (dave@sparrowarts.com)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 14:56:44 PDT

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Falk <dave@sparrowarts.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Some Nepenthes Questions....

Hi,

I grow two varieties of Nepenthes hybrids. Ones is the Holland cross I
bought from California Carnivores, and the other is an unknown hybrid
that I bought from Home Depot. Anyways, I noticed that the Holland cross
tends to grow towards the light, while the Home Depot hybrid tends to
prefer growing towards the shadows. Has anybody else noticed this
behavior, and which one is more prevalent? Also, does anyone know the
identity of the hybrid that is usually sold at Home Depot?

I was also curious to know which variety of Nepenthes has the longest,
fastest growing, most invasive vines? The pitchers don't have to be
impressive, as long as there is good vine growth.

If anyone has any insights into these questions, I'd be interested
in hearing some discussion. Answers would also be gratefully
appreciated. :)

Thanks a lot...

Dave.

--