Re: Sarracenia Problem

From: Gary & Mim Hart (gmhart@powerup.com.au)
Date: Sun Oct 25 1998 - 16:13:19 PST

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:13:19 -0500
From: Gary & Mim Hart <gmhart@powerup.com.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarracenia Problem

Hi Heather and David,

Thanks for the advice, I had never though of Phytophera, I know that it
is a really bad fungus to get in your collection. Here we have a
fungicide called Fongarid, it is supposed to kill Phytophera, has any
one tried it on Sarracenias yet. I will soon if any more plants start
to succumb.
I may have to try some plants next season with mixes other than
sphagnum. Slack also says never use it under any circumstances, on the
other hand Schnell says use nothing else !!

Thanks all again.

--
Gary and Mim Hart