Snail eating VFT

From: Bruce Penn (bruce@waddesdon.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 11:15:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 18:15:26 GMT
From: bruce@waddesdon.demon.co.uk (Bruce Penn)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Snail eating VFT

Hello
I'm new to the list and and have been growing Cp's for about a year
I have been reading the Cp mail for about 6 months,gaining knowledge
and tips wich I have found invaluable. My first plants were given to=20
me and now I'm well and truly "trapped" with the growing bug.I have=20
succesfully taken plantlets from my Darlingtonia and they are all
doing well.

I have a VFT wich I am told is a Hybrid, it has arms about 6 inches
long with jaws that are quite large, and it's eating a snail which is
also quite large.The jaws have totally covered the snail with just a
small hole left at the top.The plant is in my greenhouse surrounded by
water and it puzzles me to know how it got there. Will the jaws be
powerful enough to crush the shell? it's been in there about a week=20
and it hasn't reopened.

Happy growing

Bruce
=20