Re: A Drosera tentacle speed science experiment

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 15:59:00 PDT

Date:    Fri, 31 Jul 98 18:59 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: A Drosera tentacle speed science experiment

Dear Fernando & List,

> D.glanduligera to germinate, flower, and set seed. For those of you who

  Well, I have tried to germinate D.glanduligera a couple times, but
nothing to show for it! It sure looks pretty from the few photos I
have seen. If/when I get some more seed of this very interesting species
I'll need some advice and how to at least germinate them.
  The D. indica is easier to germinate, but I only get a couple plants.
Is the seed very short lived, or does it stratification?

  Anyway, I have two plants, one of each species of D.burmanii and
D.sessifolia. Right now the D.burmanii looks like it might not
recover from too dry conditions, but the S.sessifolia has a flower
stalk with over eight flowers and is producing seed. This plants has
made seed before, but none come up. Any idea about germinating these
too?
  Ok, I haven't seen this rapid tentical movement behavior in Drosera
before and when I tried on the D.sessifolia at twelve this afternoon,
I still didn't see it.

Oh well, Good luck,

Dave E