Re: nepenthes potting mix

From: Boyd Pearson (boyd@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 15:55:41 PDT

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 10:55:41 +1200
From: Boyd Pearson <boyd@ihug.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: nepenthes potting mix

>Hi! I want to know which kind of soil must I use for potting nepenthes.
>Thanx

I have been growing a number of N. wrigleyana for years in comercial
potting mix. I have never had any problem with the comercial stuff, but
lots trying to use moss or anything else. The obsecion with giving CP's
diffrent media from the thosands of other potted plants causes more harm
than good (in my experence). Thosnads of types of house plants have been
taken out of every ecosystem on earth and all seem to survive a peat based
comercial mix.

Boyd.
The Eldritch Dark:
Dedicated to Clark Ashton Smith