Re: Darlingtonia Wayside

From: Stefan Ploszak (imduff@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 20 1998 - 07:52:25 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 07:52:25 PDT
From: "Stefan Ploszak" <imduff@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Darlingtonia Wayside

Fraser wrote:

>I will be in the Eugene, OR area in the last week of July. This is
>very near the Darlingtonia Wayside. Is this still a good place to
>see Darlingtonia?

You will be very near several thousand CP, from Darlingtonia to
Heliamphora. Give Dean Cook a call(cooks@televar.com), he lives in the
Eugene, OR area. He may even be able to point you in the direction of
some natural populations of Darlingtonia. I've been fortunate enough to
visit a naturallized population of Darlingtonia and it is a sight that I
won't forget. These plants are very prolific in nature and can reach
tremendous sizes. At home I've been able to duplicate everything the
natural plants have, except for the cold spring water( about 15 degrees
Celcius) they enjoy. As a result, I can't grow these plants during the
summer months. Too bad!

  Enjoy your trip and say, "hello" to Dean for me,
  Stefan