re: D. peltata

From: Ron Sbragia (RonsMail@sj.bigger.net)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 22:46:15 PDT

Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 22:46:15 -0700
From: Ron Sbragia <RonsMail@sj.bigger.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re:  D. peltata

>...does anyone out there grow their bulbous droseras (like D. peltata,
>D. gigantea, D. whittakerii, D. andersonii and D. macrophylla) in
>full sun?

   I've been growing D. peltata outdoors in full sun for the last 3 or 4
summers.
I'm in the SF Bay Area, temps usually in the mid-80s F., often cooler,
sometimes
in the 90s or hotter.
   I also have one in a sunny window, about 4-5 hours sun, ending
mid-day.
   And I have one at work, in an air-conditioned building, in a NW
facing window.
It gets about 4-5 hours late day sun and loves the gnats that nest in
coworkers'
potted plants. As soon as I saw the first leaf that sprouted a couple
weeks ago,
it already had a gnat dead center in it.
All do very well.
Ron Sbragia