Drosera regia

From: Erik van Zuilekom (9623426@rgo.sun.ac.za)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 02:46:42 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 11:46:42 +0200
From: "Erik van Zuilekom" <9623426@rgo.sun.ac.za>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera regia

Greetins all,

I have been told about the two Drosera regia varieties, though living
in South Africa myself, have not had the chance to see the plants
myself. I have also heard about the waterfall that they are found at,
and that they are found pretty far from the waterfall, in the same
valley (above, below and other locations in the valley), called
Baines Kloof. I obviously then have one of the varieties, which has
been pretty scarce with flowers (nice way of saying its never
flowered for me...) the plants which are all from my first one (root
devision) have leaves around 25-30 cm in length and 1,5-2 cm in
width.
Does anyone know the names of the forms, including the necessary info
concerning the differences in their flowers (one more tubular than
the other...uuh Mmm).(Jan...?)
Any cultivation info of interest, and experiences ?(Wim...?)
  Lamina devision, does it work for propagation?
  preferred light requirements? I have changed mine from semi-shade
  to limited full sun. Both good.

thanx
All the best,
  Erik.