RE: Home Depot, Etc.

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 05:08:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:08:00 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Home Depot, Etc.

>There's no supplier mentioned on the directions that come with the
>plant,

I forgot to mention in my previous post about the tissue culture company
that they usually do not sell directly to retail businesses but rather
sell cp flasks to middle men, women, boys, and girls (did I leave
anybody out!). These middle people then plant the cp's up, tag them,
and resell to nurseries. I think that's one of the reasons you
sometimes find improper mixes and mislabelled tags because some of the
middle people are not obsessive about cp's. I suppose also there is
the occassional nursery that buys direct.

David