Tuberous drosera seed germination help!

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sat Apr 25 1998 - 22:34:35 PDT

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 01:34:35 -0400
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Tuberous drosera seed germination help!

Do any growers out there in CP land have experience germinating tuberous
drosera seed? I have "smoked" them already via advice from Allen Lowrie.
This is where the sown pots are stood in an enclosed chamber for an hour
while smoldering peat produces a dense cloud of smoke over said pots.
According to Allen this technique promotes rapid germination. My question is
what conditions are the seed pots exposed to after this? Currently my pots
are sitting outdoors in a cold frame with daytime high temperatures around
75f and nighttime lows in the 40's. I have read that these type of droseras
will not germinate under constantly warm conditions such as an indoor tank
under lights. What is the usual time frame for germination? Has anyone tried
gib acid instead?

Thanks for any responses!!!

Crossing S. purp with Darlingtonia,

Mark Pogany