Klima-Gro versus other arrangements

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Sat Apr 18 1998 - 21:28:37 PDT

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 00:28:37 -0400
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Klima-Gro versus other arrangements

In CP digest 1421 Dr. Cap wrote:

I think that I am going to buy a Klima-Gro terrarium, specifically the
KG-2000. It would be used to grow some of my baby lowland Neps. Does any one
out there in CP-land have any opinions/tips/suggestions? Thanks!

I have been to the Klima-Gro webpage and have seen their offerings. It all
comes down to price and appearance to me! I grow all my lowlanders in large
fishtanks under VHO Flourescents with propagating heat pads underneath. For
a 55 gallon tank with lights and heat pad your looking at $200.00 + or -
$20. This arrangement has worked very well for me and has let me cultivate
most lowlanders with the proper requirements, i.e.-lighting, humidity,
moisture, photoperiod,etc.

I admit that the Klima-Gro terrariums are very attractive but I can't see
spending alot of extra money to duplicate the same conditions for a lot
less!

Just my two cents,

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio