Re: Humidifiers

From: Richard Berg (bergrd@valunet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 09:17:40 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:17:40 GMT
From: bergrd@valunet.com (Richard Berg)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Humidifiers

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 02:29:37 -0700, you wrote:

>Does anyone know where to find cool and/or warm humidifiers=20
>for terrarium use? I am planning on building a twenty=20
>gallon terrarium (similar to the one Barry Meyers Rice=20
>shows how to make on his website) strictly for growing=20
>small sun pitchers, and I have read that Heliamphora plants=20
>live in a climate where it is misty often, so I am thinking=20
>that some kind of humidifier will partly recreate natural=20
>conditions. Could sun pitchers benefit from this, or would=20
>it be ridiculous to install a humidifier in such a small=20
>terrarium?=20
> I appologize for all of the questions, hopefully I will
>soon know enough to join in on discussion. Thank you for=20
>the help so far.
> climate (this is the main reason for my searching)=20

 Kurt,

  I'm not exactly sure if this will suit your fancy but at a local pet
shop in the reptile/amphibian section I spotted a mist/humidity device
that would at timed intervals spary water through a few jets to keep
everything in check...=20

  I've found a great website that deals with a ton of small
aquarium/terrarium/pet items and has great deals... This
fogger/humidifier is made by ESU and locally I can find them for
around $80... This web site has them for just around $60 (a
considerable savings from retail)

  Head over to this URL and you'll find, I'm sure, something that can
be adapted to your needs...=20

http://www.pohina.com/creative/

  Head into the Reptile menu and then to the "Water Systems and Water
=46alls" section..=20

                                        ... Richard

Richard Berg
Salem, Ohio